Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Friendship

I am such a friend pusher. I have realized, some people are food pushers [my mother, for example], some movie pushers, book pushers, ect. I am a friend pusher! I can't decide however, if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Allow me to explain.

Some of my most successful guy-girl friendships have come as the result of an unsuccessful romance. Whether he lost interest, or I did, often there bloomed an incredible friendship full of joking, playing, and bonding. It makes sense for this to happen right? I mean, if two people think they are capable to date one another, they clearly feel a sense of chemistry and common ground. So then, why is it that often if something ends, people choose to go their separate ways with no further communication?

While I understand the awkwardness, believe me, I get it, I also understand the prize to be won if one just pushes through this tricky stage for the sake of friendship! Oddly enough, I've realized in this situation, I would rather be the one experiencing the rejection, that way--the friendship is on my terms. I get to get over the awkwardness and they need to do nothing but wait and be friendly back. I hate when it is my job to wait and do nothing but be friendly. Why? Well, because I am a friend pusher.

Both Mark & Johnny have been results of things ending. I talk to them nearly daily, enjoy their company, and if anything just joke about the past silly situations we've been in. Now in my situation with _______ I am trying extremely hard to preserve a friendship. However, whenever I extend an invite, it comes off as pursuit for something more! I want to play, and talk, and have FUN. The trouble is, communicating this in such a way that it is not pursuing, and rubbing the fact that I don't want more in his face. The answer to all of this is obviously time and patience, and wow do I detest both. Ah well, I could afford to learn more patience.



Now for the fun stuff!
SATURDAY:

Ashely, Adam, Hilary, Mark, & I after the BYU basketball game !

SUNDAY:
-Church
-Dinner group, Tegan made swiss chicken, mmm mmm !
-Studying w/ Federico for NT

Tuesday:
-Running
-Basketball game
-Hot chocolate with Fred & then studying
-Chris Ah Sue & Matt Boyce stopped by
-BEDDDD.


Bobby & I at the BYU VS TCU game!

Cosmo, Tara, & I

Getting dipped and kissed by COSMOOO ! I am one LUCKYY girl !

No comments:

Post a Comment